It’s Time to Smile With Confidence
Do you feel self-conscious when you smile? You deserve to look in the mirror and love what you see, but even the most minor dental imperfections can affect our confidence. Fortunately, porcelain veneers are an easy cosmetic dentistry option for correcting many imperfections in your smile. Here at Western Dental Care, we offer porcelain veneers to our patients in Albany—and they’re loving their results.
Have you ever considered dental veneers? Read on to learn more about this easy cosmetic dentistry procedure.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that we adhere to the front surface of your teeth, giving your smile a flawless finish. Our trusted Albany dentist, Dr. Santhosh Thomas, and the rest of our team will customize your veneers to fit your teeth and blend in seamlessly with the contours of your smile. Veneers are an ideal treatment choice for patients looking to improve or conceal any unwanted cosmetic dental flaws.
With veneers, Dr. Thomas can help correct any of the following dental problems:
- Gaps between teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misshapen or crooked teeth
- Stained or otherwise discolored teeth
- Teeth that have been worn down over time
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry option as they provide unique benefits in comparison to other dental services. The top benefits of veneers include:
- Fast and painless procedure
- Customized specifically for you
- No drastic changes to your natural teeth
- Can last up to 15 years with proper care
Our Porcelain Veneer Process
Typically, the porcelain veneers process begins by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Thomas. At this appointment, our team will perform a full mouth examination and see what areas need improvement. Your dentist will also take digital impressions of your teeth to create your custom veneers as well as pick out your new smile shade.
The entire veneers procedure is quick, easy, and non-invasive and can be completed in the following steps:
- Before the procedure, our dental team will numb your teeth and gums to ensure a pain-free treatment.
- We’ll then shave off a minuscule amount of enamel to make enough room for the veneers and give them a rough surface to properly bond with. Then, we’ll place your temporary veneers while your permanent veneers are being created.
- In most cases, your custom veneers take a couple of weeks to create. Once they’re ready you’ll return to our Albany office for placement.
- During your placement appointment, Dr. Thomas will assess the fit of your new veneers and make any necessary adjustments to ensure your bite is correct.
- Your veneers will then be cemented in place and a special light will secure their position.
- Our dental team will give your new veneers one final check and from there, you’ll leave our office ready to show off your new, dazzling smile.
How to Care For Dental Veneers
If you take proper care of your new veneers, they can easily last 10-15 years. Luckily, maintaining your porcelain veneers is easy. To keep them looking and feeling great, make sure to brush your teeth twice a day with a non-abrasive toothpaste, floss daily, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
In addition to an oral hygiene routine, you’ll want to schedule regular visits to our Albany dental office. This way we can assess your veneers and professionally clean them once every six months.
Be mindful when it comes to consuming hard foods, including:
- Hard Candy
While you can still eat these foods, chewing them without caution increases the risk of damaging your veneers.
Dental Veneers FAQ
Who is a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
If you have good oral health, you are most likely a good candidate for veneers. If you have stained teeth, chipped teeth, or minor dental imperfections, you’ll love the results. But if you have extensive tooth decay, you’ll want to make sure you talk to Dr. Thomas about treatment first since it isn’t a good idea to simply cover it up with veneers.
Can I get porcelain veneers if I grind my teeth?
If you grind your teeth, talk to Dr. Thomas before you get your veneers. You will most likely need to order a custom mouth guard to protect them.
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies based on how many veneers you need and any necessary dental work you may need beforehand. At your consultation, we will go over the cost with you as well as any financing options.
Porcelain Veneers at Western Dental Care
Porcelain veneers are one of our most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments. Call us today at (518) 456-8040 and schedule a consultation so we can help you achieve the smile you deserve.